This is our third time we have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Thanks to you Rachel & Matt from Across Land & Sea for nominating us, we appreciate it.
Here are our answers to your questions:
Tell us about your blog – how did it start and why did you decide to write one?
Our blog started about one and half year ago when we came from an extended journey from New Zealand. We came to visit our family after very long time and with the plenty of time at home with wi-fi, I realized that now is the right time to realize my dream.
To put all our thoughts, adventures, pictures and stories on our new blog.
Since then I am seeing significant results of our development every day. Our blog´s design has made a massive progress since the beginning and I have learned a lot about marketing, writing, and other things. Radito has made a great progress in making photography and videos as well.
To demonstrate the change you can compare our first post with our last post:
What has been your favourite travel experience?
I guess every travel experience is our favorite – there is not really a place which wouldn’t be special and beautiful in its own way. We have traveled through New Zealand, South East Asia, Pacific, Australia, Europe, Iceland and now USA – and I can tell you, that every place astonishes you with something different…
… and your least favourite/most disappointing?
As I’ve written above, we didn´t have such an experience and if so, mostly it’s not caused by the places, but by the people.
People around the world are good and bad no matter where it is. And you can even be in the “paradise” but as long as there are mean people, the paradise suddenly loose its charm…
What’s on your bucket list for travel in 2017?
Well, it’s hard to predict it yet, but for sure continue to discover the USA. We have recently visited Iceland and we loved it! We definitely want to visit this country again.
Then our big dreams are Galapagos and Patagonia but we´re not sure if we make it there in 2017. We like to leave our decisions to be spontaneous.
What country are you NOT interested in visiting?
It’s definitely the countries which are not safe to travel as Iraq, Afganistan, Pakistan etc. I don´t care how breath-taking sceneries Pakistan has, as long as it´s dangerous for anyone to live there and they don´t respect human and women’s rights, I won’t be interested.
What are some of the best/most memorable things that you’ve eaten during your travels?
We have quite a lot of new things which we’ve eaten and really liked:
- Real Mee Goreng – seafood noodles with chili in Kuala Lumpur and it was the best food of my life, seriously!
- Oka -cold coconut soup with raw tuna chunks and vegetable in Samoa
- Fish baked in banana leaves in Melaka (Malaysia)
- St. Pierre Sushi in New Zealand – damn best sushi we have ever eaten so far
- Icelandic National Food which is Hot Dog made from whatever but I think there is also their popular delicatessen – the sheep´s head 🙂
- The best burgers and beverages I have ever tried in Durham (North Carolina) in Bull City Burger and Brewery
What do you miss about home when you’re on the road?
To me personally, it´s that feeling of curling up in a bed with the candles with my hubby and watching some good movie without the hassle of rushing somewhere new tomorrow. But technically speaking this could be everywhere. 🙂
And of course, the joy to be with our family.
If you could give three pieces of advice to fellow travellers, what would they be?
That´s the hard one.
I am not sure if I am the right person who can hand out pieces of advice but certainly I already have som experience, and for me, these things are very important:
- Don´t travel alone (of course, you can, but it’s much better to have a loved one with you).
- Always keep your travel documents (passport etc.) with you – even to shower!
- Don’t be too trustful to strangers – even if they appear to be a good person.
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer their questions
- Nominate 5-10 other travel bloggers who ideally have a following of under 1000 on a social media channel
- Ask them 5-10 questions of your own
We have nominated the following bloggers; we look forward to seeing your answers to our questions!
And here are the questions for our nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Where would you like to travel? / What is your next destination?
- If you would have a chance to use time machine, would you transfer to past or future? Would you change anything?
- What´s your favorite book and why?
- What is your favorite blog and why?
- What´s your best good deed you have ever done?
- What are your main goals in life?